Mission & Principles
We share the same moral purpose. We believe an exceptional education can realise the potential of every pupil, whatever their background, and truly transform lives.
The statement, "Realising Potential. Transforming Lives.", summarises this commitment.
Working as individual schools, and in partnership, our singular intention is to ensure every pupil, whatever their background, will attend an exceptional school. We believe pupils should enjoy school, feel safe and fully supported, be inspired to learn, develop character and aspiration, and realise their full potential. We are so committed to pupil success and well-being that we choose to think of every pupil we serve as if they are our own, and to measure our actions and impact against this.
Six principles, shown in the MERCIA acrostic, underpin everything we do as staff in our trust.
- Moral Purpose - We exist to inspire pupils to realise their full potential and to lead happy, healthy and fulfilled lives.
- Expectations - We have exceptionally high expectations of everyone and pursue excellence.
- Relentless focus on learning - Helping every pupil learn successfully is the most important thing we do. We prioritise our time, energy and resources to ensure our curriculum and the environment for learning is exceptional.
- Culture - We demand consistency, kindness, tolerance and respect in all relationships; and that every member of staff goes above and beyond to achieve pupil success.
- Impressive staff - We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining them, and helping them secure a healthy work-life balance.
- Alignment - We believe partnership brings profound benefit to each school, and that we are stronger together.
We want every pupil to realise their potential and to lead a happy, healthy and fulfilled life. We expect a great deal from every pupil and these expectations are expressed in our six trust values:
- Ambition – we expect pupils to want to be the best they can be, to aspire to achieve success at school and in later life.
- Strength – we expect pupils to develop strength of character, determination and resilience to overcome the inevitable barriers to success that all people face.
- Passion – we expect pupils to become inquisitive and develop a thirst for knowledge and learning.
- Independence – we expect pupils to be organised, prepared and to develop personal responsibility.
- Respect – we expect pupils to show good manners, kindness, tolerance and exemplary behaviour at all times.
- Endeavour – we expect pupils to work hard, to fully engage and enjoy all aspects of school life: and preserve a healthy balance that maintains their well-being.
Our trust logo, a six petaled rose, was specifically designed to exemplify our trust.
- Six petals (or shields) represent our six staff principles and six pupil values.
- The petals (or shields) meet in the centre and represent partnership and its ability to create something that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- The rose represents Yorkshire, and in our case South Yorkshire, where our schools are proudly located.