Mercia School (11-18) opened in 2018 in a brand-new purpose-built building. Leaders and governors have an ambitious vision for the school and are determined that all pupils, irrespective of background will thrive and achieve well.
The school has secured a strong reputation for educational excellence and has been the most over-subscribed school in the city during the last three years. In February 2023 Ofsted inspected the school and graded all aspects of provision and its overall effectiveness to be outstanding. It has published exceptional GCSE results this summer and has opened the Collegiate Sixth Form in September 2023.
As the school continues to grow, it is crucial that we sustain our culture and effectiveness, and this role is central to our continued success.
We are seeking a highly skilled and talented Geography subject specialist.
You will join a school with an incredible culture where you can contribute to the development of the Geography curriculum. You will be committed to continuous improvement and strive to be the best teacher you can be. As such you will deliver exceptional lessons and secure outstanding learning, progress, and attainment for every pupil.
At Mercia School, Geography lessons are:
1. Based on a carefully constructed, sequenced and ambitious curriculum.
2. Demanding and carefully planned so that all pupils make strong progress and secure necessary disciplinary knowledge.
3. Taught in a traditional way that gives pupils time to practice and master content.
4. Focused on learning, retention and strong foundations, and preparation and readiness for GCSE and A Level study.
5. Always delivered to pupils who have exceptional behaviours and attitudes for learning, and in lessons without distraction.
All teachers contribute to the pupil elective and enrichment programme and are expected to engage in all aspects of school life.
We provide a strong commitment to reduce workload for teachers. Within our longer day and training days, staff have dedicated time to complete all essential tasks and professional development. We do what we can to ensure teachers have the time and energy to teach, and they leave school at the end of the day without further work to undertake.
This is also a unique opportunity to join one of the best schools in the country and make a difference to the life chances of its pupils.
|Carter Knowle Road, Sheffield
|Teacher of Geography
|1.0 Full Time Equivalent
|Teachers' Pay Scales
|Thursday 29th February 2024