NETHER EDGE PRIMARY
Nether Edge School is an over-subscribed, two-form entry, multi-cultural primary and nursery school firmly rooted in its community. We have approximately 450 pupils and a dedicated, diverse staff.
We are proud to be a member of Mercia Learning Trust, enjoying the benefits of a successful and expanding multi-academy trust.
Nether Edge Primary is a warm, welcoming environment where both pupils and adults feel happy and secure. If you're seeking a school community where pupils are polite, respectful, and leaders are committed to the continuous improvement of the team, we look forward to your application.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistant at Level 2 to join our hardworking and supportive team for a maternity cover. We always work hard to make our practice as good as it possibly can be for all the children.
This role is to work as part of a team of Teaching Assistants and alongside class teachers to assist with the teaching and support of children with a wide range of special educational needs. The children with whom you would be working will have specific needs which may include autism, ADHD, learning and speech difficulties, social, emotional and behavioural needs. You will be required to understand and support children facing these barriers. A desire to provide the best for and develop great relationships with children whose behaviours can be challenging will be essential.
The right candidate will:
- deliver high quality support/interventions for both groups and individuals
- develop positive relationships with students, parents and staff
- have strong Numerical Skills
- have experience ideally gained within a busy and demanding environment
- have an ability to work using their own initiative
- have an alignment to a can-do culture
- possess the capability to maintain effective relationships
- have a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- display the talent to adapt to changing situations and learn new skills
- own a keen eye for ensuring the safety of our pupils
- hold strong principles that are aligned with the school
We are passionate about enabling all our students the very best start in life at Nether Edge Primary School. Great support staff make a difference.
|Nether Edge Primary
|Glen Road, Sheffield
|Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
|37 Hours, term time only
|Grade 3 £23,500- £23,893 FTE
Pro Rata: £20,213 - £20,551 (with under 5 years’ service)
|As soon as possible
|Sunday 25th February 2024